Knowledge Of Holistic Therapy
Holistic medicine helps patients overcome addiction to drugs when traditional methods are combined with positive changes in their lifestyles.
Holistic therapy of drug addiction includes nonmedicinal techniques aimed at complementing traditional medical approaches. The body, spirit and mind are also comprehensively used in this technique to help cure an addition.
Nutrition, meditation and exercise are some of the methods utilized in rehabilitation centres that also provide holistic therapies.
Holistic therapy addresses the whole being of the patient including the physical, emotional and mental withdrawal symptoms.
Commonly used holistic therapies include
- Tai chi
- Guided meditation
- Massage therapy
- Spiritual therapy
- Physical exercise
- Good nutrition
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Holistic Therapy For The Treatment Of Addictions
Techniques customized to fit each client is used in this form of treatment. Holistic doctors treat not only symptoms of mental and physical addiction but also nutritional and emotional problems.
Sleeplessness, inadequate nutrition, and mental fatigue are among issues that holistic therapy can address in a patient. Each patient can have different practices of this technique used on them for their recovery.
Some of the primary objectives of holistic therapy include the following
- Discovering the cause of the addiction
- Strengthening the resistance to cravings
- Improve the physical health of patient
- Developing self-assurance
- Decreasing the attractiveness of alcohol and drugs
Kinds Of Holistic Methods In Addiction Treatment
Holistic therapy combines various aspects of robust living and also includes exercise and meditation.
Some Holistic therapies include
- Nutritive Treatment
- Successful recovery is much easier if a person has a healthy body.
- Focus of addicts on healthy nutrition during treatment gives remarkable healing results.
- Recovering addicts have an opportunity to start afresh and provide their bodies with the nutrition that is needed to overcome their addiction.
- Keeping The Body In Shape Technique
- Exercising daily can assist in building a helpful routine which can relieve stress and strengthen the body.
- Much holistic treatment facilities incorporate exercise as part of their program.
- Active recreations in centres may be different , but many of them include canoeing, mountaineering, horse riding and walking.
- Meditation Drills
- A clear mind is important when trying to recover from addiction.
- Guided meditation has an important role to play in many holistic treatment programs.
- A number of centres are also offering yoga, and tai chi has meditative practices to help inpatient residents increase their focus and clarity to the mind.
- Acupuncture And Massage Sessions
- A massage is a great tool in helping one relax and relieve stress.
- Use of drugs for a long time can cause imbalance to the body and acupuncture can be used to help restore this balance.
Programs that get satisfactory results are based on conventional methods of treatment. Quitting alcohol and other central nervous system (CNS) depressants can produce severe withdrawal symptoms that need professional medical supervision.
Some of the practices involved in this technique include
- Medically supervised/assisted detoxification
- Medical attention
- Private psychiatric counselling
For support outside the treatment facilities, most ex-addicts join support groups like the 12-Steps NA and AA or 4-point SMART for continued emotional support and encouragement.
Holistic Treatment Centres Near You
Lots of drug rehab treatment facilities include holistic therapy in the treatment of their in and outpatients. The holistic medicine principle of reaching harmony among all parts of a person's life well suits various addiction therapies. As far as stress management is concerned, meditation and yoga can prove to be good complements to cognitive behavioural therapy. Relapses can be avoided by learning methods, which can help cope with emotional setbacks in a healthy manner.
All types of drug and alcohol addictions can be overcome by using the different techniques. You can find a treatment program that is designed based on your needs in many treatment centres near you.
Welcome to call us on 0800 772 3971 and choose a treatment centre offering holistic treatment.