Get Addiction Therapy
In understanding your drug abuse and making a roadmap to your recovery, there are different options that you can access to match your needs. Any person in pain from a drug or alcohol addiction understands how strong and crippling this disease can be. When the student is ready, the teacher will show up, Zen proverb says. Withdrawal from addiction starts with addict's readiness to seek professional assistance.
Contact us now on 0800 772 3971 and let us help you find the treatment centre with the counselling and therapeutic approach that are right for you.
Addiction therapist plays a key function in speeding up the healing process of patients; this is why they are very significant in this treatment program.
If you need a program that suits your personal needs and will help you through overcoming your addiction, you have trusted experts that can fill those needs for you. If you live in the rehab centre, you will have access to a good number of programs that are designed to allow you overcome your addiction successfully.
How Does An Dependency Therapist Help
To obtain assistance in recognizing possible stimulants and how to develop periodic schemes for your recovery, you will quickly remember how you suddenly turned to an addict with the help of your therapist.
The benefits of counselling are indispensable in a rehabilitation program whether it is inpatient or outpatient.
Hold sessions with the help of the patient's family or friends to support recovery.
Group therapy revolves around family relationship in the recovery program to provide progress feedback of the patient in the program. The patient is expected to begin with other future arrangements that are linked with the check-up plan, once the main health problem has been discovered.
An addiction counsellor's function is to
- Offering unbiased help for individuals undertaking a therapy program.
- individual counselling sessions with the aim of identifying the root cause of the addiction.
- Periodic drug testing.
- To develop a specific treatment plan for individual needs of users.
- Contribute in collecting significant information on drug addiction treatment approach in an area.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Qualities Of A Model Addiction Counsellor
An addiction counsellor is trained to develop a specific plan for each patient. A good listener and professional in dealing with the patient.
One of the significant and most important aspect of the meeting between the advisor and patient, is the first stage, this should be the best time for the adviser to establish a good relationship with the victim.
Having established an environment of trust and understanding, it makes easier for the patient to openly discuss anything about his situation. Understanding the background of the patient assists the counsellor to steer recovery program to desired outcome. The patient's problem might persist, that's why this technique is very helpful in discovering the primary issues.
If there are psychological issues, he should be able to identify it and find a solution to it. The determination a of a therapist to ensure that addicts are helped to overcome their addiction permanently is the best attribute a counsellor must possess.
What Types Of Therapy Are Available
A treatment centre may employ multiple therapeutic approaches depending on the inclination of the patient. Based on the therapy facilities, we have;
- Biofeedback And Neurofeedback
- The muscle state, heartbeat and blood pressure are examined with technology used by the addiction counsellor on patients.
- This prepares the patient on how to control brain activity in order to achieve some command over their mental procedure.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Addiction disrupts natural brain utility, distorts focus on productive thoughts and that is where CBT comes in handy to rewrite your brain functions to make informed choices.
- The therapist will be of use in assisting and addict to discover the root of their addiction to alcohol and drugs and find benevolent actions as a replacement for the triggers by using CBT.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- One of the qualities that an addict needs is the courage and inner strength to cope with challenging conditions, this can be achieved if the addict is treated with DBT.
- People with anorexia or Borderline Personality Disorder do have low self-esteem, a situation that can be reversed by using DBT.
- Meditation, Hypnotherapy, Guided Imagery and Mindfulness
- Focusing on specific addiction treatment identifies trigger points, to take control of stress reactions through deep relaxation techniques.
- The patient is taught to direct themselves into a state of calmness or tranquillity and uses visualization or meditation to manage the stressors.
- Holistic therapies
- Holistic treatment facilitates recovery together with traditional methods that encourage patients to draw strength from within.
- Holistic approach to addiction therapy program encourages patients to share intimate fears and concerns in a friendly and warm communication environment during counselling with peers and counsellor.
- Art therapy, yoga, and equine therapy are some of these treatment plans.
High quality treatment centres provide additional types of therapies which treat the whole problem, with the end result in guiding the patient into a lasting recovery.
Why Do I Need Dependency Therapy
It can be attractive to consider that you don't need to go over the work and energy needed for addiction counselling.
Actually, minority of people like the method of talking over and revealing long held agony and trauma, however, without doing the work fundamentally to divide the underlying problem that can be driving habit-forming manner, sobriety will probably be temporary.