NHS Or Private Rehab?
Private residential facility is better treatment option for many people. Within 24 hours, admission can usually be organised. If you have private medical insurance or if you have money to pay on your own, you will be able to get into the private rehab treatment. In most cases, you're lucky to secure NHS admission to a private rehab clinic.
Who Can Apply For Rehab Funding With The NHS?
UK residents can choose addiction rehab treatment by NHS at group based recovery or private recovery, which is free at the purpose of conveyance. You may need to demonstrate that you have investigated local community based treatment choices, first you must qualify to meet all requirements for NHS financing at a private recovery facility. Depending on the readiness of your local dependency team to fund your rehab, getting into residential treatment might take numerous weeks.
Get referral to the nearest alcohol and drug action team from your GP.
Advantages And Disadvantages
- Treatment Plan are Flexible
- Fast admission - in some cases within a day;
- Treatment done on one site with help of available equipment use;
- We provide the same staff and specialist throughout our treatment session to our patients.
- Rehabilitation is in controlled environment free from influence of fears to allow the patient focus on recovery process.
- The helpful group gives solid bonds advisors and different patients that guide recovery;
- Also we offer call, letter, accommodation and other facilities including visiting families and friends;
- Complementary therapies like art therapy, equine therapy, gym and fitness are also provided.
- Post Care Program;
- Costs more than NHS rehab treatment program.
- Not always protected by health insurance.
- Free of cost;
- Anyone can apply;
- It's local and therefore closer to your family and home;
- Lengthy admissions process;
- You might not get sent to residential rehab;
- In case of different treatments, patients may be asked to go to different clinics/centres.
- Therapy may be interrupted by life distractions and easily obtainable drugs and alcohol;
- There is a limited access to the personal specialist
- You may not have the same staff or same therapist during your rehabilitation process;
- Creating an outpatient support network might be more difficult.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
NHS Alternative Cross Border Rehab
Results are not certain and the process of managing admission to a private treatment centre via UK NHS or local dependency services can take multiple weeks. Funding through the directives of the EU cross border healthcare can be much faster to access though.
On the Drug Rehab South Yorkshire website, UK based patients who wishes to take advantage of that option can find more information.